More details explaining why Jay Cutler did not find success with the Bears
BY V. CARBONNEAU JANUARY 23, 2023 (2:17 PM)
1. Injuries: Cutler missed significant time due to injuries, which hindered his ability to develop a rhythm with his teammates and led to inconsistency on the field.
2. Lack of supporting cast: Cutler did not always have the strongest supporting cast around him, with the Bears often struggling to field a strong offensive line and receiving corps.
3. Inconsistent play: Cutler's performance was often inconsistent, with him at times looking like a Pro Bowler and at other times making costly mistakes.
4. Coaching changes: Cutler played for multiple coaches during his tenure with the Bears, each with different offensive systems, which may have hindered his development.
5. Expectations: Cutler was acquired by the Bears with high expectations, being traded for multiple draft picks, but he never fully lived up to them.
Ultimately, there are a variety of factors that contributed to Cutler's failure with the Chicago Bears, and a combination of these issues likely led to his underwhelming performance over the course of his tenure with the team.